Friday, January 28, 2011

"Stick around...I'm full of bad ideas."

Dead Space 2 was worth the wait, the hype, the marketing...everything.  What's unfortunate here is that I'm biased.  I'm so biased.  I probably shouldn't even be offering an opinion.  But I'm going to, because I'm just so damn excited right now. And before I continue, no worries, there will be NO spoilers. You're safe.

When I worked at a Gamecrazy (R.I.P.), regulars would often come in asking for recommendations to "a good game."  My coworkers would always suggest Dead Space.  Every time.  It was because of their constant plugging of the game that I became obsessed with Dead Space, and for awhile this is how I would interact with customers:

"Hey, I'm getting bored with Halo, what's a good shooter?" 
...Dead Space.  

"Hey, I hated Resident Evil 5 and Gears of War, 3rd person shooters are awful."
...Dead Space.

"Hey we just got a Wii for Christmas, can you recommend some nice family games?"
...Sell Wii, buy PS3, Dead Space.

"Hey, I just want to exchange this uh, Nintendogs for one of these Petz games, 'Petz Crazy Monkeyz'."
...Sure. And guess what, you're also getting Dead Space!


It's no wonder Hollywood Entertainment went out of business, and on the other hand, no wonder that Visceral garnered enough funding to create a sequel to Dead Space.  We single-handedly boosted the sales of that game enough to warrant it.  EA, we're still waiting for our thank-you notes.

But in all seriousness, and even though I know you all must be enjoying my little story, my review of the game will be attached as a video this time. Or else I would have written entirely too much, more than my last post even.  I mean, I already rave about it for twelve minutes in this video so...maybe it's about the same difference.  First six minutes are my actual review, last six are of me answering questions posed by readers from Twitter (@mush_rooms is my username, by the way, give me a follow, I'm on all the time).





I feel bad just leaving you with that though, so I'm including some high-quality (lol) phone screenshots of some of my favorite details of the game, because I couldn't help it as I was playing through. There were just so many funny things I noticed! Seriously, the detail in this game is...*puts on sunglasses*...OUT OF THIS WORLD....



...yeah I'm acting extremely unprofessional tonight. My apologies. Blame Isaac for making me giddy and stupid.

What's up, Steve? (Producer of Dead Space 2)

Like the first, there's still messages scrawled all over the place.

VISCERAL. I LOVE YOU.

In the same room, I moved a skateboard and behind it, in red was writing: Enjoy the pain. Little kids make everything creepier. But anyway, PANDA!

This! Stumbled across this in an abandoned apartment. Pretty standard right? WRONG. The alarm started buzzing as I got close. It sounded...just like my alarm clock...pretty effing awesome. They definitely upped the creepiness factor.

This just made me laugh. What a tool!

"OH MY GOD IS THAT TYLER PERRY?!"

Poster outside of a toy store. E.A.F. stands for "extinct animal friends." BEES ARE EXTINCT?!

Apparently, in the future, schools will still make kids do stupid stuff like this.

This warranted a hearty knee-slap and a "badum-tisssss!" We thought Metamorphosis was a little heavy for an elementary school though.

Wait for it...

YES! I want a .gif of this really badly.

I was basically laughing throughout the entire school chapter.

And here we have a coyote-type creature with a slice of salami on its head...

...and a cameo by Super (Comrade) Meat Boy...

...and the coolest school mascot EVER!

Scariest part of the game. I'm not kidding. I jumped for this, but not when I'm getting butt-raped by twenty necromorphs. There's something very wrong with me.



Join me next time when I...well I don't know what I'm doing yet. Just join me. Questions, comments, death threats, etc. are always welcome.

-Sarah

2 comments:

  1. As a former co-worker, I can vouch for the whole "...Dead Space" response. TOTALLY TRUE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review even with all the fangirling, lol.

    And honest to God, for a moment I really thought it was Tyler Perry.

    ReplyDelete